My DIY Recipe for All-Purpose Cleaner is easy to whip up, all natural and affordable to make.
What you will need:
- A clean empty spray bottle
- Liquid Castile Soap
- Essential Oils of your choice
- Distilled water (makes it stay fresh longer) or tap water (I use it up so fast tap is fine)
- Just cover bottom of spray bottle with Castile soap. My favorite is Dr. Bonner’s Almond.
- If you have pets please research if the one you like is safe to use around the pet you have. I recommend using AnimalEO, since they are formulated specifically with pets in mind by a Veterinarian. Away is great for cleaning and so much more. Bright & Clean is cheaper and smells great so I use that a lot too. Start off with 5-8 drops depending on how big a bottle you are using.
- Next add water to about 1 inch from the top so you don’t overflow when you put the sprayer in.
- Gently invert your bottle a few times to mix. Do not shake.
- Use on any hard surface except glass because it will streak. When applying to wood spray small amount on paper towel or cleaning cloth and then wipe dry.
- Brown or blue glass bottles will preserve the oils longer, however, they may not be practical in a home with small children.
I have spray bottles all over for quick clean ups. I am not one to waste time on the actual cost breakdown, but it doesn’t take much to figure it is cheaper than even Dollar Store cleaners! The best part is that it is all natural and not tested on animals. Please remember that some essential oils are considered “hot” oils that should be diluted properly. If you have sensitive skin or allergies any essential can bother you.